Sunday, January 14, 2007


Can I Obtain The Residence?




By, Edward Juarez
Immigrant's Voice (TV program)
Column: December 11, 2006
Give your opinion on our Immigration Forum
Edward's Blog


Edward Juarez

Founder and President
The other day, when entering the International Immigrants Foundation Building a person saluted me and said “I must make you a ‘very easy’ question and do not understand why I would have to wait to see one of your professionals.” Surprised, I asked him, which is the question? He responded to me: “I only want to know if I will be able to obtain my residence, I am married with a U.S. citizen, I have two children born here, and came by the border after a deportation”. Sadly nobody, can respond this question so easily. Those who have a deportation order; a voluntary or involuntary departure of the country after having resided here as an undocumented person; an illegal re-entry, not mattering if you have been arrested or not by immigration; and a pending residence application, gather the “basic circumstances for re-removal” and has a possible solution only if you follow my advice.

1st) Obtain the legal representation of a group of professionals with “plenty” of experience in immigration. 2nd) Make sure to have a team of well prepared lawyers ready to litigate your case before the corresponding courts; and 3rd) the immigrant must exert much patience, and be economically solvent ready to pay several thousand of dollars, understanding that your only hope has no guarantee whatsoever.

The sooner your legal strategy is formulated, the more benefits it will have. Each case is individual and depends on many variants, for example: reason for the deportation or departure from the country; date and place of illegal re-entry; address; date that your residence case started, as well as the date that you asked for permission to re-apply for admission as a legal resident, known as I-212. Remember that there is always much more to analyze before formulating a legal strategy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<$BlogCommentBody$>

<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>

<$BlogItemCreate$>

Links to this post:

<$BlogBacklinkControl$> <$BlogBacklinkTitle$> <$BlogBacklinkDeleteIcon$>
<$BlogBacklinkSnippet$>
posted by <$BlogBacklinkAuthor$> @ <$BlogBacklinkDateTime$>

<$BlogItemBacklinkCreate$>

<< Home